Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do I set up a blog to sell piano sheet music?

I do not have a blog, or website of any sort, but I do have sheet music that I would like to sell.





How do I arrange a website or blog where people can click on my items and buy them.





Thanks in advance.How do I set up a blog to sell piano sheet music?
I started a sheet music site using freewebs. You can start for free, and for a small price upgrade to premium which is actually a good deal. They offer good design templates and support.





However, there are already many sites offering piano sheet music at no cost at all, so you may either want to sell the music at a low cost, or just make it free sheet music. This way, you can make money through other methods, e.g. placing adverts on your site - Google has a great scheme for this!How do I set up a blog to sell piano sheet music?
If you're looking to set up a blog for this sort of stuff, I would suggest wordpress.com for starters. Its a free blog site that you can have up and running in minutes.


Keep in mind, you wouldn't be able to have a brandable domain such as cassheetmusic.com or anything like that.





The alternative is wordpress.org (note the difference in the extensions)


Wordpress.org allows you to host your own blog on your own site (if you wanted cassheetmusic.com) With this, though, you would need some basic html/php editing knowledge and your own web hosting service.





If you have some money to spend, and want someone else to maintain the blog for you (basically work for you) You can contact me through my profile and I would be more than happy to work out a fair price for you.
Ye, you should be able to do this without knowing any php or html.





I don't know if a free blog account will allow you to sell stuff. I think it's against their rules.





Hosting with a web server costs about $5 a month.





You can use Paypal to sell your music. You basically put a button from Paypal, on your blog. Then, if someone buys with their credit card, you either send it to them by mail or as an email attachment.





Here is an article that can help you put up a blog.





http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-your鈥?/a>





Their is plenty of info online on how to put a Paypal button on a blog like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment