Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can I set up a password for only 1 sheet (not for the whole document) on microsoft excel?

I am trying to make a list of employee information. But some of the information can't be shown, so i am making a second sheet to put on share. But I want the second sheet to be updated every time i edit the first one. I tried to use VLOOKUP but it won't let me use data from 2 different documents. So I am trying to do it in one document but in different sheet. Now, I need to set up a password for one of my sheet.Can I set up a password for only 1 sheet (not for the whole document) on microsoft excel?
You can protect one or more cells, one or more worksheets, or the whole workbook.





I suggest hiding the second sheet and then protecting it. That way the user never know that it even exists.





I would have given exact steps, but you did not say whether it was 2007 or an earlier version.





.Can I set up a password for only 1 sheet (not for the whole document) on microsoft excel?
Thank you for answering. It's 2007.I am actually having trouble protecting to unhide

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment