Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can i put tile on the sheet rock wall over my counter top ? what kind of thin set could i use ?

You can put the tile over the dry wall as long as the wall is at least primed. You have your choice of a latex modified thin set or a mastic.


The thin set is cheaper over all but a bit harder to work with if your a rookie. Mastics are a bit more expensive but easier to work with. As far as a wet area, your normal splashes from a sink is not enough to consider it a wet area, so just your normal dry wall will be fine.


Both ';glues'; will hold equally well .. Well enough to rip the dry wall off should you ever redo it.


Any questions you can e mail me through my avatar and check my qualifications there. GLCan i put tile on the sheet rock wall over my counter top ? what kind of thin set could i use ?
yes. just make sure you grab some mastick that will work on ceramic tile (I'm assuming you're talking about ceramic tile). If it's an area that gets a lot of moisture, that's when you need to worry about using durock and thinset designed to hold up in those conditions.Can i put tile on the sheet rock wall over my counter top ? what kind of thin set could i use ?
I would use latex modified thinset, mastic will never hold up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment